From April 2016 the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) are changing the requirements that nurses and midwives must meet when they renew their registration every three years.
The Library is here to help you to support in your CPD for your revalidation process.
Library staff can help with finding suitable articles, guidelines or reviews from resources such as the NHS Healthcare Databases, Cochrane Library, or NICE Evidence. Library staff can train you to search the databases and locate articles. Contact us to arrange training for your team or a personal session.
We can also source articles that are not available online.Please contact us for more details.
Print Books in the Library
- Nurse’s reflection diary. Coombs, J. (2015) WY 18.5 COOM
- Revalidation for nurses and midwives: a handbook for registrants. Tomlinson, C. (2015) WY 18.5 TOML
- Beginner’s guide to critical thinking and writing in health and social care. Aveyard, H et al (2015) WY 18.2 AVEY
- Reflective practice: writing and professional development. Bolton, G. (2018) WY 86 BOLT
- Reflective writing. Williams, K. et al (2012). Z 5053 WILL
- Being critically reflective engaging in holistic practice. Gardner, F. (2014) WY 86 GARD
- Reflective practice in nursing. Howatson-Jones, L. 3rd edition. (2016) WY 86 HOWA
- Beginning reflective practice. Jasper, M. 2nd ed. (2013) WY 86 JASP
- Becoming a reflective practitioner. Johns, C. 3rd ed. (2017) WY 86 JOHN
- Reflection for life: principles process and practice. McKinnon, J. (2016) WY 86 MCKI
- Developing reflective practice: a guide for students and practitioners of health and social care. Oelofsen, N. (2012) WY 86 OELO
- Critical reflection in practice: generating knowledge for care. Rolfe, G et al. 2nd ed. (2011) WY 86 ROLF
- Reflective practice for teaching in lifelong learning. Rushton, I. et al (2012) LB 1725 RUSH
Search the library catalogue to find more books
CLARK, ALISON C, MSC, BN, DIP NED,N.ED, R.N.T., 2010. How to compile a professional portfolio of practice 2: structure and building evidence. Nursing times, 106(42), pp. 14-7.
COLLINS, G., BROWN, J., HENSHAW, L. and WHITEHEAD, B., 2015. Using reflection on reading for revalidation. Nursing times, 111(23-24), pp. 14-16
FOSTER, D., 2014. Midwifery revalidation. British Journal of Midwifery, 22(12), pp. 844-846.
MUNRO, A., 2015. Revalidation: taking away the fear factor. Journal of Community Nursing, 29(4), pp. 21-23.
OELOFSEN, N., 2012. Using reflective practice in frontline nursing. Nursing times, 108(24), pp. 22-4.
Clarke, K.A. (2009) Use of a research diary: learning reflectively, developing understanding and establishing transparency. Nurse Researcher, 17 (1), pp. 68-76
You can access these articles using your OpenAthens details.
Trust Revalidation link – http://connect/departments-minisites/nursing-midwifery-revalidation/
eLfH Learning Module- Revalidation for Nurses & Midwives – ( login with your OpenAthens)
NMC – Revalidation resources, forms and templates
Nursing and Midwifery Council [NMC] Revalidation Website
NMC Booklet – How to Revalidate with the NMC
NMC – The Code – professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses and midwives
NMC Online – Log in to NMC Online to find out your renewal date, update your details, pay your fee etc.
Royal College of Nursing – Revalidation Website
Royal College of Midwives
NHS Employers – Revalidation for nurses and midwives
Nursing Times – Using reflection on reading for revalidation
RCNi – Revalidation Website