Due to social distancing, all training is now delivered online using Zoom/MS Teams.The library also offers a number of virtual one-to-one or small group training sessions. To book your place on a course contact the Library.
This session will equip learners with the skills to formulate an effective database search strategy and to search for evidence using the NHS healthcare databases (HDAS). The training is delivered using a mixture of facilitator presentation and live search demonstrations.
This session covers the following:
- Overview of Healthcare Databases Advanced Search (HDAS)
- Planning a database search strategy
- Searching using keywords and thesaurus terms
- Combining search terms
- Applying limits to a search
- Accessing subscription eJournals
- Saving searches/creating email alerts